Once Upon A Time in Latin America (22) Easter Island. A blessing in disguise


I awake light-hearted this morning of Winter, Everywhere round me the singing of waves --But now I remember the night, the storm, And I wonder how many blossoms were broken (recomposed from an ancient poem)


I woke up this morning with the sound of rain. After a whole day of anxiety and disappointment yesterday, my mood had calmed down a lot. I would soon go from the flood to the driest desert in the world. Well, let me had a bath first.
I still had solid food and prepared my baggage. I was not out until 10 o'clock. I walked again the coastal road and watched the thunderous waves passing through the sky. The huge waves jumping out of the water was still the bright emerald, the enchanting green.
The volcanic were easy to be created as the geomorphology of sea erosion. Seeing the unity of form and spirit jagged reef groups standing in the wind and rain, it was just like a giant splash of the landscape.


After visiting some broken altars and MOAI, I was going to back. I received the information on the flight delay afternoon. It would be changed from 2:55 pm to 10:00 pm, terrible! I was also worried about if the news was wrong cause it was not a joke missing a flight. The following itinerary was tight, that any small change would affect the whole plan. I had to go directly to the airport to confirm it. And because of yesterday’s heavy rain, yesterday’s flights were all stopped. So many people were gathered tonight. The small airport was already overcrowded. At the airport, there were also several Chinese girls studying in Chile. Their round-trip tickets were surprisingly cheap—1700RMB. There was a team of Chinese Americans who came to three South American countries to preach Chinese traditional culture.
After returning the car in the afternoon, the car dealer fulfilled the contract to take me to the airport. It finally took off after 10 pm. I was arranged for the first class where I could sleep comfortably by completely lying down, and I ate well. A lady next to me was upgraded for her Birthday. What about me? I didn't know and dared not to ask. I got a plate of dumpling-like buns with nori inside at noon. It didn't taste very much that I sprinkled a lot of pepper and salt to taste.
I slept well all night. It arrived at Santiago airport at 4:30 in the morning and happened to transfer to Calama in northern Chile early in the morning. I completely avoided the worry of spending the night at the airport. This was the best arrangement! The later airline was a blessing in disguise.



Comments