Once Upon A Time in Latin America (20) Easter Island. A boat in the ocean


I ate solid food all day long. I didn't want to abuse myself too much, so I decided to have a dinner just at the candlelight restaurant by the sea. the steak of local fish was a bit rough. During my having my dinner, a heavy rain came. The wind swept the windows. Everywhere was black. Fortunately, I had a car so I did not worry about the return.
The storm and rain ran a whole night. The island was like a lone boat in the violent Pacific Ocean. It rolled and fell in the rough seas. I fell asleep early in the night then woke up at 1 o'clock in the middle of the night. The bathroom was also leaking. Could I be out tomorrow?
With anxiety and panic, I nodded in and out of sleep. It was really light but the wind was not diminishing. The superstorm was screaming. This was thrilling. I was lucky that I went out in my car, and the scenery was blurred in far-sighted. Let me rent the car for another day.
While thinking, I had some biscuits and moved the things I would use for the day to the car. In addition to the camera, mobile phone, and various charging devices, there were umbrellas, raincoats, shoe covers, and various foods packed into boxes. Of course, I took clothes to protect against the cold and moisture.

I directly found the original car dealer. I had been emphasizing with them that I could n’t see anything in such heavy rain. They should give me a discount. But from their perspective, they also saw the big selling point that it was difficult to go without a car. They resolutely refused to lower the price, just willing to give me a few more hours, plus the final drop-off, so the original price was renewed for another day.
Turning on the map app, I looked for the seaside attractions on the west. I passed by TAHAI, rolled down the window outside the fence, and recorded the indifferent MOAI under the stormy. In a clear and sunny atmosphere or in such a stormy, it had different flavors.
The flood overflew the mountain pass and took me to the edge of the red cliff. The cliff scenery was so spectacular: The wind carried the huge waves against the black reefs. The world was full of falling rain. As if the prehistorical world had begun, and as Noah's Ark in the sea. Facing the 180-degree widescreen theater, I shook the glass, turned off the world's speaker, watched the monstrous wind and waves slowly played, and listened to my own music in a quiet world.
Before me, where have all the Sages of yore gone?
Behind me, where are their successors (-- Tell me, m'friend)?
O Heaven and Earth, how boundless and without end!
With drinks and cookies, I enjoyed this detached loneliness.


Rely on my four-wheel drive, I went up the mountain and went close to the sea, straight into the ditch until there was no way. I took an umbrella and walked out. Just a few steps, I get wet through. Well, obediently in the car to see from a distance.
There was a MOAI scenic spot on the mountainside. This was the only MOAI array facing the sea on the island. After taking a few photos in the wind and rain, I went straight to the famous volcanic lake.



Comments