Once Upon A Time in Latin America (27) the driest place in the world. The most resplendent burning clouds


Rejecting the gracious invitation to dance with the boy, I walked into the information center of the town. After getting information, I looked for a travel agent. I determined the agent I found first in a hurry. In fact, there were plenty of agents. I planned to visit Moon Valley the first day and to see flamingos and plateau lake the next day. The total was 55000 Peso but I bargained to be 50000.

Seeing the beer can in my hand, the manager told me not to drink in the street or the police would trouble me. I threw it right away. In fact, I could not drink, but the boy was too enthusiastic to reject. I went to exchange currency because my Chilean peso was not enough.


I always chose a cheaper restaurant for dinner. I finally found a small Peruvian cafe. Although it was small, there were many customers. Usually, this kind of cafe was cheap and fine. I ordered a dumpling-like food for 20 Peso to go. This avoided expensive drinks and saved time. Because the extremely spectacular burning clouds were full of the sky at that time.

It was probably because of the driest that the burning clouds here were particularly thrilling. They cast to the snow-capped mountains. It was so red just like burning fires, rich and hot.

I pursued all the way, following in the alleyways. In order to avoid telephone poles and houses, I kept running to find the right view. Finally, the sky slowly turned blue, and the snowy mountains lost the colors, too.

As usual, I bought a large bottle of coke, an oversize bottle of pure water, and a pile of dry food to deal with the coming two days. On the way home, I vaguely heard the music of the agitated bloodline with songs and dances. leading me to the lively burst.

When the colorful clouds were chasing the moon with the silver snow-mountains, I opened the gate to the hotel. My wonderful first day at the driest places in the world then ended.






Comments